Is your non-profit ready for the New Year? You’ve got to give people a reason to donate their time, money, and resources. Excite the community by not only giving them a worthy cause but an amazing experience working with your organization. Here are tips from White Knight Party Rentals for getting your non-profit ready for the New Year:
- Clear mission, vision, and values. If you can’t tell donors where their money is going, they’re likely not donating to your organization. This is (somewhat) the result of popular non-profits not being exactly honest about how their money is funneled. It’s better to be transparent by providing charts and social media posts about salaries, administrative costs, and the true amount that goes toward your mission.
- Social media presence. If you’re not on social media, it’s likely no one will be able to find you. Websites are great but they’re secondary to having an online presence to reach donors and volunteers. Identify your ideal donor or volunteer (gender, age, interests) and establish social media accounts where they spend most of their time. For example, if they’re 35-55+ years old, they’re likely on Facebook but if they’re younger, you will find them on Instagram or Twitter. You have to go where your audience is, not the other way around.
- Schedule an Event. Get people excited about events you’re planning for the New Year! Hosting a 5k fundraiser? Cocktail party for VIPs? You’ve got to get it on their calendars then you can get the details in place like vendors and decorations.
- Details….details….details. When it comes to the details for your non-profit fundraiser, it takes a lot of asking. You’re asking for people to attend. You’re asking for donations of time from volunteers pre, post, and at the event. You’re asking for resources from the community like donations of conference rooms or decorations. You’ve got to figure out what you need to pay for and what can be in-kind.
- Call White Knight. Do you need a PA sound system? How about concessions like cotton candy, popcorn, and sno-cones to sell at your school fundraising event? We’ve got what you need to make your fundraiser a success!
Give us a call to learn more about rates and availability for your non-profit event!